2012. január 2., hétfő

A little ALSA configuration in Arch Linux

 Hi!

I got a task at school that I had to make some benchmark about my computer's MIPS and FLOPS values. I thought I make it on my 64bit Arch Linux. When I searched for applications for benchmarking I listened to music.

Few days ago I set up the ALSA sound system's parameters because the music was scratching and it was very annoying. The solution was: Reduce the output volume in the alsamixer menu. I did the job, but at the next system startup (now) the values went back to the previous. I did some search, and got the solution (thanks to Arch Linux Wiki page):

sudo alsactl -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state store

After the command execution I opened the /etc/rc.conf file and wrote alsa to the startup daemons, after crond. We are happy now, the values are stored. 


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése