2011. március 25., péntek

My Ubuntu desktop (Ubuntu 10.04)

Hello!

I thought I drop few lines about my PC's desktop. I used Ubuntu 10.04 with Linux Mint 10 desktop before, but now I'm using Ubuntu with Gnome-do dock, Conky, and I also use Compiz Fusion desktop effects.

The dock can be installed with sudo apt-get install gnome-do command.



My desktop   

Enabling Compiz Fusion is not so difficult. Open a terminal, and execute this command: sudo apt-get install compiz compizconfig-settings-manager compiz-fusion-plugins-extra fusion-icon emerald
I'm using this effects. You can set up this things in Compizconfig-Settings-Manager.
  • Wobbly Windows
  • Desktop Cube
  • Rotate Cube
  • Animation Add-ons
  • 3D Windows
  • Water effect
  • Paint fire on screen
  • Shift switcher
and the previously adjusted settings by compiz. You can customize each settings :-) You can set up every window-managing possiblities such as Open animation, close animation, minimize effect etc.
You can do this in Animations menu. Try it :-)

And the panel called Conky. Conky is an "Advanced System Monitoring Tool". It can display the system usage, hard disk usage, memory usage and there are much more possiblities as you or me can imagine.
You can install Conky with sudo apt-get install conky command. You will have to edit your own, or download and modify an other person's configuration. My configuration is SethConky, you can download it from here.
You will have to find a howto-file in the archive, it explains you how to set up your conky. :-)

Good luck, have a nice theming-time :-)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése