2011. március 25., péntek

Sitrep about my phone.

Hi!

I thought I share my running configuration on my phone. Now, my phone's running Cyanogenmod 8.3, but I thought I migrate my phone's NAND flash storage to ext2/ext4 from Samsung's RFS filesystem, and try "Brain Fuck Scheduler "kernels.

The idea

The idea came from a hungarian developer called Xmister, he developed and shared the idea on samdroid.net forum. Thanks to him :-)
Why is it good?

Well, it can increase the I/O operation numbers, which you can see in Quadrant Standard Edition app.

Will it reduce my phone's flash's lifetime?

The answer is no. It didn't use much more the NAND than the RFS filesystem or YAFFS2. If I remember correctly, RFS is based on VFAT.

How to migrate, and what is BFS?

In standard Cyanogenmod 8.3 recovery you can convert your filesystems. I suggest system and cache to ext2, data to ext4. You won't lose any data, because the conversion method makes backup from your existing data. You need 350-400MB of free space on your SDcard. After the conversion you can delete the backup files. The whole conversion takes 5 minutes.
BFS: Brain Fuck Scheduler. A CPU scheduler, which was developed by an austral anesthesiologist, Con Kolivas. BFS is not compatible with RFS, that's why we converted the filesystems. The BFS-kernels make the phones very responsive and fast :-)

The samdroid.net kernel makers(Lukiqq, ch33kybutt(but he told me he no longer develop to our phones), Banjo,Xmister) made kernels with BFS, I use ckmod.004BFS(download it from here), it's very stable, makes the phone very fast, I recommend it. If you want to use Lukiqq's kernel, download it from here. I'll create a particular thread about Banjo's YONIP kernel a bit later.
There isn't any updates about Xmister's kernel, but you can also download his kernel from here.

Good luck good work :-)


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése